View Single Post
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 19:32   #199
Mucky pups

Looking for some advice. I have a W Reg (2000) V70 2.4 Classic Auto which has been driving perfectly well until this afternoon. A couple of miles into my journey home from work the ETS light came on and my car was very rough when idling at junctions. It felt like it would stall but didn't and was OK once I got moving, had no problem doing 45mph in it. Got home and parked on the drive, stopped the engine and when I restarted it the light was off.

Having looked on the forum it is obvious that this is a common fault and I have looked through the receipts which came with my car and can see that in 2004 at 78000 miles the throttle valve was cleaned to rectify cutting out at a cost of £34.

The car now has 143k on the clock and is over 10 years old so I guess it falls outside of the extended warranty but has anyone suceeded in getting to Volvo to do a discounted repair?

Failing that can anyone recommend a good independant volvo garage in the Warrington area so I can compare their price against the main dealer. (I wouldn't be able to repair myself no matter how easy it is!)

Thanks
Mucky pups is offline   Reply With Quote