View Single Post
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 21:10   #18
dave-t

Having just bought my first Volvo (S40 T5) my opinions do not probably carry much credence – but here they are anyway.

I think it is a cracking looking car and wish Volvo all the success with it.

To many it is probably too different or even radical. But Volvo has only done what others have done before them; Renault with the new Megane and Honda with the new Civic. Volvo are simply trying to attract the younger car buying market and the C30 is aimed straight at the young professional and those who want style, comfort and safety as well as practicality. Personally I think the C30 offers all of these and the car should stand extremely well against the BMW 1 series, VW Golf and Audi A3.

No, it is not a “pure” Volvo but, lets be realistic, we will never see one of those again. However they have taken one of the best platforms on the market and built something completely different to its sisters. There is no way, in my opinion, that you can compare the S40 or C30 with a Focus. They may share the same platform but they are totally different cars.

With Volvo’s slogan of “for life” the younger you can get someone into to your product the longer they will be a customer. If the quality of build, safety, reliability and customer service continues at the current high standard, Volvo must on to a winner.

The C30 is already nomiate as the What Car, Reader's Car of the Year 2006

Go vote !

http://www.whatcar.com/Reader_awards...raward2006.asp