Thread: V70 Stereo/DVD: - Parrot Mki9200
View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 19:51   #23
filsdelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkhaven View Post
Well, got it all fitted and first impressions are pretty good.

Fitting it was much easier than I expected, helped by the fact I have had the head unit out before so knew how to do it.

I have the geartronic stick with the aluminium finish surround. use a plastic tool to lift this from the rear end by the cubby hole. This then snaps out of place, the problem is I can't work out how to remove the gear stick so have to manipulate the base around the stick.

This then exposes two torx screws under the main unit. Take these out and the whole unit (radio, air conditioning and lower switches) drops down and lifts out. Here it gets tricky with the gear stick - with the ignition on put the car in Drive to get it as far back as possible and then disconnect the battery. This gives just enough room to get the whole unit out.

I bought an Audio2Car lead with mute box from a certain auction site, this was definately a good move. The seller was extremely helpful in ensuring I got the right lead for the car and stereo unit - if anyone wants his details pm me. This lead was used in place of the lead supplied by Parrot, with it fitting between the main power plug and another between the speaker plugs. The microphone was routed to the roof with little problem and the leads for ipob/usb/aux sent to the glove box.

There was enough room to lodge the parrot unit to the right of the space where the head unit sits and some careful manipulation of the extra wires got the unit back in without too much fuss.

First impressions with the sound quality is excellent for the telephone, muting the head unit without fuss and sound coming through the speakers - however this was while just parked on the drive, I've not tested it out on the road yet.

I have also only tested the music through Bluetooth streaming and was pleasently surprised with the quality. The bass is not as defined or heavy but the excellent speakers in the car (standard fit) really do make for a very listenable sound.

I'll try it on the road tomorrow if I get a chance but despite not expecting too much initially I am now really pleased that I went for this solution.
Hi Wilkaven, I am purchasing a Parrot hands free to go in my 2005 V70. Can you give me the details for your lead purchase from that very nice man down at the bay.

I have tried tp pm you but the forum won't allow me to as I have less than 30 posts.
filsdelle is offline   Reply With Quote