View Single Post
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 20:13   #22
alchemyuk

Default RE: Problems with XC90 delivery in the UK

Bob,
Many thanks for the time and effort you have spent on this subject. I will indeed be sending a letter to Volvo Car UK Ltd, detailing my experiences with this particular franchise and sending them copies of all the paperwork that I have.

As Volvo hinted in their comments, I did take over a cancellation order with the franchise and this explains the short lead time on my order.

The franchise dealer has sent me a computer print-out, which they claim to have received from the Volvo car ordering system. The print-out is dated 20 May 03 and shows an order for an XC90 with an expected delivery window of 29 Oct 03 – 04 Nov 03. Not being in the car trade I have no means of authenticating the validity of this document. If anybody can authenticate this document I would be happy to e-mail you a scanned image. The franchise dealer claims “this proves my order was taken in good faith” (their words). I shall see if Volvo UK agree of not.

The dealer also claims that “Volvo accept that at the time of my order some of the delivery dates were incorrect/ambitious and have subsequently been updated” (again their words).

In their defence, a totally different Volvo franchise, who know none of these details and have no connection to the original franchise I am purchasing from, told me on a recent visit that many of their October / November orders had been put back to April 04 by Volvo UK without any explanation a few weeks ago. I want to stress they had no knowledge of my personal experience and were responding to a general question I asked them.

I shall update you all when I receive a reply form Volvo UK.

Thanks you all for your kinds words and encouragement.

Regards
Andy
alchemyuk is offline   Reply With Quote