View Single Post
Old Nov 25th, 2010, 09:28   #24
jetronic63

Having gone through the experience of bringing my 240 from a £250 banger up to a presentable and useable car (certainly not show/mint/pampered), IMO £1950 is not an unreasonable amount of money for a low mileage example in good condition and unusual colour - after all, black ones are probably the rarest.

It will be interesting to see if the 244 finds a buyer at that price. i think its a beautiful car but for me, the interior limits its value. It is obviously not original and its highly unusual design will reduce its marketability. Having seen it up close, I couldn't live with it, but someone else will love it for its novelty factor.

I don't see any harm in expressing an opinion on the price of cars on sale. Petulant foot stamping and back and forth 'I am right and you are wrong' is pointless as they are just that, opinions. Prices for second hand cars vary wildly and whether we feel they are too low or too high is largely subjective. What might be too expensive for one person is a bargain to someone else.

Sellers are also perfectly entitled to ask what they want for their cars and that should be respected in our views in what is after all a public forum. Speculation that a car is clocked for example, is as 940 Turbo put it, discourteous and also defamatory and I would have thought this forum would be a little more generous to a fellow Volvo owner.

I hope both these sellers eventually find buyers and that the cars go to a good homes as they have obviously been well loved.