Thread: S60 Electrics: - Anti skid service required?!?
View Single Post
Old Nov 14th, 2010, 11:19   #27
CSL

Default AntiSkid Warning Message

Hi All
My name's Craig (CSL) -proud owner (but poorer by the day)of a '56, '07 spec XC90.
I too have recently been the recipient of the 'Antiskid' Warning that has came on - oddly enough the day after I used alloy wheel cleaner for the first time. I left it on for less than the maximum minute suggested but am wondering whether there are any sensors that I may have given the hump while cleaning the wheels. I am now getting to the point that I'm scared to turn the engine on for fear of another expensive warning message. Appreciate any thoughts / easy checks that anyone can suggest that can avoid an expensive trip to the dealer - to turn of the 'Spin Control Off' message that pops up. The flipside of VOLVO's reputation for safety is that a you can't seem to drive any distance without some sort of perilous warning coming up. With so many messages coming up there must be thousands of us V drivers out there who will see these as 'Crying Wolf' after a while - which could have disasterous ramifications.
Apologies - I will start a new thread with this too - as the others seem a bit distant now.
Kind Regards & Thanks in anticipation
Craig
CSL is offline   Reply With Quote