View Single Post
Old Nov 4th, 2010, 13:49   #31
Brodick
Master Member

As I have said previously my car coped fine with the std summer 4wd tyre during the first part of this year where we had deep deep snow on more than one occasion when I finished a nightshift I was driving home on untreated roads with heavy snowfall on them and the road into where i live had 6+ inches on it many times. may once or twice i detected an small slip in traction which the 4wd system sorted out. I will not be putting winter tyres on. Very few if any vehicles at work will be getting winter tyre put on - I'm talking the 4wd vehicles here (I work for the police)

I understand people who live in countries who can expect much more snow than the uk changing tyres (of course it is law in certain countries) however for those in the uk unless you are going to be driving down backroads or offroad then I do not see the need.

That is my opinion

One last thing I would say is I have driven through fields covered in snow in previus years in a Honda CR-V with summer tyres on and whilst it struggles at times it coped very well and never got stuck.

Just a thought.
Brodick is offline   Reply With Quote