View Single Post
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 12:25   #16
Axl

Default LOOM for rear wiper???

Hi,

I've got my Volvo in the dealers now and Im not particularly happy with them at the moment - Im having the top service done one my car and they've just rung me up with a whole host of things that I can do myself i.e replacing bulbs etc, however, I asked them to look at my rear wiper as it stopped working (I dont hear any faint clicking nose though) and the woman has just said that I need a new loom at over £200 and that would also get my tailgate light working - Im not worried about the tailgate light (Im assuming that this is the 'third' light - I HOPE its not my rear lights) but what alarmed me from her call is that when I asked her what was wrong with my current loom she actually admitted that they don't know and would have to take it all out and test it!!!! SO, it might not even be the loom and as she eventually mentioned with a bit of probing, it COULD be a loose screw????? I have no idea why Volvo would think its acceptable to advise me to buy a new loom without even suggesting a diognostic on the old one (if no visible faults) AND without checking the 'screw' to the rear wiper (I was advised by a man who works at the same volvo that it could be the screw needs tightening).

Maybe its me - Im not too clued up when it comes to cars so maybe Im over cautious about being ripped off???
Axl is offline   Reply With Quote