View Single Post
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 18:45   #1
janner_sy

Default S60R stage 1 remap!!

hey up guys, a few questions for you.

Im in the market for a AWD saloon that can tune to 330Hp with only an exhaust, intake and remap. So far i have whittled it down to the Mazda 6MPS and the volvo S60R.

Previously i have had a Mk2 octavia vRS, and mk2 Focus ST, both remapped and setup with before and after runs n a dyno to confirm and show the performance increases, it also takes a fair while for them to set this up. This is also the same with the 6 MPS as well. so you can see if the maps are good, and if it is indeed safe for the car.

now ive been researching tuning options(or lack of) for the Volvo S60R. From what i see, the only options seem to be just a generic map that is loaded via the OBDII port. are there not any live mapping options from tuners with dyno's,

this is the only thing putting me off getting one at the moment. im having know luck finding guys in he UK that can genuinely remap the car, as a pose to the shed loads of "we remap your car at your door with our maps we bought off EBAY" tuners.

Also ive had no luck trying to find any dyno graphs of any standard and or stage 1 tuned cars?

what sort of power could i realistically see with a lone remap, and what would tat increase to with an exhaust, intake and stage 2 remap?

thanks in advance guys

Sy

Last edited by janner_sy; Sep 4th, 2010 at 19:09.
janner_sy is offline   Reply With Quote