View Single Post
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 16:51   #25
skyinsurance_ollie
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydnoise View Post
With regard to 'my' prospective quote which started the thread .....
' Sky insurance & it's approach ' .......i can tell you for sure that the guy
( nothing personal ,...you'll have record of it ? )....stated in the 'clearest terms' that you
' DO NOT ' insure fully comp cars which are under £2,000 in value 'or' anyone who is unemployed !!
Hi Lloyd,

I have not listened to the call, I believe Jae has but I can tell you that the customer adviser you spoke to would have given you this informamtion based on our car club scheme guide. As a broker we could have provided you with a quote, this may not have been competitive as unfortunately due to the reasons that have been discussed, you are outside of the criteria for our car club scheme. I hasten to add, we are most certainly not the only insurer who has these rules in place, many of our competitors operate under the same underwriting rules. As brokers, our hands are pretty much tied on this although we are able to excercise a certain amount of 'buying power' with certain underwriters, ultimately it is their rules, therefore their decision.

Quote:
allowed the 'priviledge' ( excuse the pun ) of freely advertising on this forum !!
With respect, you have raised this issue a couple of times but surely this should be an issue to raise with VOC admin.

Quote:
Can't you perhaps hook up with companies who will 'allow' you to represent this 'very large contingent of people' ensuing a not inconsiderable profit in the process ? ....

Again Lloyd, to be fair we do, we can insure the majority and if we can help a member, we will do our very best.

Is there any other insurer out there that will cater for every person out there?
When I run my own details through a popular price comparision site I have many companies that dont quote and some quoting ridiculous sums.. I take this on the chin and only consider the companies who are competitive.

It is unfair to expect an insurer to be able to insure every single risk just because they have an association with your owners club, is that fair to say?

Kind regards

Ollie
Sky Insurance