Thread: Engine: D52447: - Petrol in a diesel car – misfueling.
View Single Post
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 18:42   #26
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire View Post
Hi,
about an hour ago I did the same thing in my s60 D5 except it was nearly empty and I filled it to the brim (with petrol) arrrrrrgh!!!!. Your message brought me down from a state of extreme frustration to a milder really annoyed with myself level. I am at this moment draining the tank via the fuel filter although with less ground clearance than your XC90 I am expect it to take some what longer than you. I Know there's a high probability that the engine will be a write off but I have to try.
Thankyou for your very useful message. I will let you know what happens.
You will be ok , the worst problem is storing and disposing of the wasted fuel , it could take you 3 hours to empty the tank like that , when the gauge reads empty fill the tank to the brim with diesel and off you go again ...
IF the fuel flow stops before the gauge reads empty then screw the filter and housing back in and spend about 15 minutes turning the ignition on for batches of 15 seconds to pump fuel from the left side of the tank to the right , where you can then carry on draining as you are ...