View Single Post
Old Dec 24th, 2009, 20:14   #10
Bernard333
Premier Member

My guess for what its worth is that lpg fitted a replacement engine mounted injection pump and not the in tank pump but on the other hand its that pump which I am led to believe rarely fails and also I wouldnt understand how the engine mounted pump could fail intermittantly but I can see that the in tank electric pump certainly can fail intermittantly before finally stopping working altogether . Also please ignore me rabitting on about 02 sensors in a previous post because there are of course no O2 sensors on the 163bhp D5 engine , I have three V70s and its one of the petrol engined ones that I was connecting my oscilloscope to back in January when I had the two cars off the road and was trying the subsitution method of repair without great success , I have since learned that the output from the front unit isnt as simple as high/low it does give a readable signal to a scope but its very misleading , maybe better sticking with the output from a dedicated fault code reader like the ppc/bsr/nordic .
Bernard333 is offline   Reply With Quote