Thread: V70: Engine - Realistic MPG for 2.0D and 2.4
View Single Post
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 20:33   #91
br1anuk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanzomat View Post
My sep09 2010MY 2.0d V70 RD has now done nearly 9000 miles but the fuel consumption seems to be getting worse rather than better. Over the first few thousand miles I was getting around 43-44mpg but now I'm lucky to break 40mpg. I'm certainly not driving any harder. Other than the horrible "pinking" noise the engine makes under acceleration (which was described as normal following the 3000 miles quality check but I'm still not happy with that) it is running fine and is starting to feel a bit more loosened up but I'm dissapointed that the mpg is tailing off - anyone got any ideas? I'll try a different dealer for the 12500 service - this site seems to recommend MRG in Chippenham and as thats not too far I'll give them a go and hopefully they will be get to the bottom of it.
Around this time of year the fuel companies start to add anti freeze to their diesel. I drive a black cab and when I fill it up I know to 20p how much it should cost from the trip meter. It's always this time when it drops below 5'c that we notice the difference.

Brian.
Oh as for fuel consumption I've just bought a Skoda Fabia tdi for running around in. 60mpg
br1anuk is offline   Reply With Quote