Thread: help needed!
View Single Post
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 10:28   #8
Matt_Watkins

And DONT wear a Burburry base ball cap. Thing to do is keep you car's body standard. Forget these huge wings and whatnot. You wont get pulled by the police as much and kids wont want to race you all the time. But if you have a T4/5 then you can have a laugh off the lights with them from time to time. I do just to prove that their Nova 1.1 Club (with dustbin exhaust, K&N, silly wings and big bass) does not have 6000000hp and does not go like the space shuttle off the mark. The only time the get past is once I have reached the speed limit.

I never was a boy racer. I just didnt fancy hanging out in McDonalds carpark with little girlies thinking I was cool because I had a ****e car.

My cousin is the same age as me (23). We have both been driving for the same amount of time (about 5 years). He was a boy racer from day 1. He asked me the other day how I could afford to insure a T5. So I asked him, what cars have you owned? He said 6 Novas (1 GTE), 2 XR2's, 1 Corsa and 1 Astra. Then I asked him, How many cars have you written off racing. He said 9 cars. His insurance on a 1.3 Astra GTE lookalike is £2398.67!!! Where as mine is £846. His next car is going to be a 250bhp Renault 5 GT Turbo so he said. I just laughed.