View Single Post
Old Nov 24th, 2009, 22:34   #20
Road King Scot

Had a very similar, but weird problem with my 2005 XC90 today. Initially my key fob would not activate/deactivate the alarm while my car was in my drive. I managed to get it started with the key and drove to my local dealership where they checked everything out.

They could find no problem with car and key worked fine their. Their theory was that there was some kind of interference at my home. When I got home, the key fob would not work again so I tried turning off my home wireless router and suddenly key fob would work again.

Now a new problem has arisen. I've just been out in car and the radio won't turn on. You push the on button and it comes on briefly before turning off. Sometimes it just won't come on at all.

Does anyone know if;
1) This might be a fuse problem, and if it is, where the fuse is?
2) The two faults could be related.

I'm now going to sleep on the issue and see how the car is tomorrow. We've had a very wet day today, and I've seen other electrical faults on the car before during rain but I guess it's a longshot that could be the problem.

I hope what I have described is not similar to everyone else's very expensive problems.
Road King Scot is offline   Reply With Quote