View Single Post
Old Nov 24th, 2009, 18:31   #19
MikeHill

Please do consider giving this procedure a try, the only tool you will need is a screwdriver, it will take very little time and has worked wonders on our S80 Bifuel:

Buy a bottle of injector cleaner, disconnect the distributor feed gas tube from the filter - there will be a small escape of gas, do not smoke when doing this, probably best done with a cold engine. Pour half the can of injector cleaner into the tube, then reconnect. Start the engine on petrol, switch to gas and stop the engine as it splutters with the injector cleaner going into it. Leave to soak for an hour or so or even overnight, restart the engine on petrol then switch to gas - it may stall and you may have to repeat this a couple of times until all the cleaner has cleared and the flow of gas been re-established. I have just followed this procedure on my S80 factory bifuel with astonishing and pleasing results - it runs more smoothly now than it has since I bought it in Feb. Without the time and aggro of removing the distributor.

I think this procedure both cleans and lubricates the unit from the inside.
MikeHill is offline   Reply With Quote