Thread: Amazon: - Brake System Upgrade
View Single Post
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 04:47   #9
dheming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trommel View Post
This is the best picture of a RHD car I could find:
Wow, yeah with 6 pivots points that could get real bad over time.

So according to my dated Haynes repair manual the stock front calipers in my '67 single circuit Amazon are 3 piston type with 2x 1.5" and 1x 2.125 pistons each. Also the '70 to '73 1800 disc brake rear end I'll be using has 2 piston calipers with 2x 1.422" pistons each. I won't know if these numbers are accurate until my caliper rebuild kits arrive, but I emailed Wilwood Engineering and with the above caliper piston specifications they recommended a 7/8" bore for the front master cylinder and 1" for the rear when using a 6.25:1 or 6:1 pedal ratio. This should hopefully allow enough bias adjustment using just the balance bar that I won't need a separate adjustable bias valve. Also the stock clutch and brake pedal arm spacing is about 4.75"(120.7mm) and the Wilwood triple master cylinder pedal assembly is around 3.93"(99.8mm) spacing so it should fit nicely between the steering column.

Last edited by dheming; Nov 17th, 2009 at 05:14.
dheming is offline   Reply With Quote