Thread: S60 Electrics: - 'Driver Door Open' permanent warning
View Single Post
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 09:47   #8
nask0

I want to go for the latch as well. Unfortunately as you said dealers sell it for over £140, money I don't want to spend on this since I recently did the Volvo Service and spent over £400. The used '02 S60 latch is the only one I could find on Ebay, if you have any suggestions where to find a new one at a good price please let me know, it will be highly appreciated. I have noticed three consequencies of this microswitch failure: 1.The red triangle warning is flashing all the time (irritating but in no way affecting the car performance); 2.The interior lights stay on at dark (car still thinks that the door is open even after lock; I used to turn off the roof lights manually, but the two above the legs on each side could not be turned off manually so they eventually drained my battery after a while since I drive only short distances lately; I disconnected those as a temporary solution so currently nothing stays ON to drain the battery); 3.The emergency lights do not flash ONCE when locking the car (they still flash twice when I unlock it; the car does not unlock itself so this is not an issue either). Please let me know if there are any safety issues that I am missing. And pleeeaaaasssseee, any ideas where to find a cheap latch? Any other Volovo models(maybe a list) that are interchangeable with mine??? Maybe I can look under another model???
nask0 is offline   Reply With Quote