View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2003, 15:40   #2
alex jennings 1

Hi being a former S 60 owner who developed a reputation for complaining about my car, I had good reason to - honest. I part exchanged it for a V 70 SE D5 with all the toys I could cram in, including the built in telephone. (I wonder if a VOC member has my old jalopy? - If so please do not email me, I left the magnet in the boot that I used for collecting the bits that fell off it).
I too have experienced problems with the phone, its no where as efficient as my old Nokia hands free kit and I am a littie disapointed. However, I think I have found out the fault. Depending where you are in the country it is mandatory to have a long enough length of string on the end of the tin can - otherwise it snaps!
On a more serious note I'm on the Orange network and find the phone very poor, it cuts off calls during conversation depending upon the signal strength, where I know the Nokia hands free kit wouldn't. Everyone I speak to via the phone complains and I end up picking up the thingy iunder the arm rest which is against the law (I think) and defeats the object. Also Orange do not allow dual sim cards so I get fed up of taking my phone apart to put the sim card in, then repeating the process when I return to the car. Its a point I will take up when I next have the car serviced. If this is the norm - its been an expensive mistake on my part.

Apart from that the D5 engine is returning 49MPG with steady driving which is great, and I'm back in love with the marque.

I'll let you know how I go on after the service.