View Single Post
Old Mar 21st, 2009, 10:34   #19
Flanaia1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC30R View Post
.....also the guy who reported back on the alloy wheel situation (sticking to hub) exactly right......the head technician at the dealers informed me that it was best to remove the wheels every few months....wire brush any rust off the hub and lightly coat with copper slip...otherwise you may be looking at buying a new alloy as they get damaged trying to remove them....I told him I would love to but did not have a jack....I have again complained to Volvo.

!
Very bad advice put copperslip or similar on here and it will act as a grinding paste and react with the alloy and metal hub and you will get excessive wear, seen this loads of times on race cars where you cant afford a wheel to stick. Use vaseline (petroleum jelly) or a good spray white grease which are both inert. You also then wont get the reaction you would get with copperslip (dissimilar metals). I sometimes wonder if some of the dealers actually bother to train their technicians or maybe the trainers themselves have a lot to learn