Thread: Faulty Volvos
View Single Post
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 13:25   #4
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Faults so far are

1) Cup holder broke at three days old

2) Car wouldnt stay in gear when lifting throttle off even at motorway speeds

3) The hesitation problem that appeared after the software update to sort the gearbox. MUCH more pronounced with the caravan on the back. 3 attempts at rectifying so far.

4) last week a light knocking sound started under the bonnet that got louder the more throttle it got and rose in tempo with engine speed.

5) clunking when engaging 1st and 6th gear although this is now beginning to affect other gears now.

6) Jumped to neutral when changing down from 6th to 5th climbing a hill with caravan on. no throttle response till 4th engaged. Twice for that one now. Oh and a car nearly ran up the back of the caravan cos I slowed down so quick with no brake lights showing.

7) Has now started not locking the drivers door when you press the button unless you lock, unlock then relock the car.

As I am typing this I have had a response from Global Customer relations that appears to state that the practice of offering to buy back faulty cars at a greatly reduced price seems to normal working practice for Volvo. Have asked them to clarify this point and will be awaiting their answer with anticipation.......

Last edited by 4wheeldriver; Feb 26th, 2009 at 15:10. Reason: Addendum
4wheeldriver is offline   Reply With Quote