Thread: D24TIC - diesel back firing
View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 15:28   #11
Laney760
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig8661 View Post
mine in cold winter would run on 50% to 75% pure veg oil only once it didnt start and that was when i filled it up with veg oil but forgot to go to garage for the diesel to mix to percentage
Craig, you've made my day with this posting (thats if I've got it right and you mean you didn't install any sort of heater!). I'm so concerned about my emissions test in Feb, figure the best way around it is to put in some veggie oil but figured it being Feb I couldn't go much above 5 per cent. I guess I have to take into account my engine is a bit poorly so suppose I have a play around now with percentages but your posting is promising. Have read that even just a few litres of veg oil on the emissions test day can make a difference....

69dieselfreak, it sounds like you're having a lot of fun with your car even though you're encountering problems. Do hope you sort your transmission out... I envy all you guys having fun messing around with your cars, I'd love to attempt my own head gasket but think she'd be off the road for quite some time and I'd be posting on here rather a lot for help! Also my neighbours wouldn't stand for it.......

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote