View Single Post
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 23:43   #3
222s
Amazoniste

They should fit, provided that the offset isn't something strange. Presumably the ones you're looking at are regular Mustang fitment? However you might need a small spacer to clear the front calipers (my Ansens needed 3mm ones) but I believe that the difference between a regular Torq Thrust and a Torq Thrust D is that the D is supposed to be designed to clear disc brakes. However that may only apply to US brake set-ups.

Also, choose your tyres carefully though - I recommend against anything bigger in diameter than a 205/65R15 (which is pretty much the correct rolling radius). E.g. a 205/70R15 will become explicitly intimate with the front wheelarches even at standard ride height....... Having dealt with my arches (BFH on the inner lip - looks completely normal from outside) to accommodate the 70s, with the 65s I never have any problems at all, and have full clearance and lock, even fully laden! Obviously I don't know if the 65s would have been ok with the standard arches but I think it would have been pretty tight at the front of the arch.

This site is very good for looking at tyre size and offsets etc:

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp

Paul - 1967 Amazon 222S B20 o/d Estate & 1961 A-H Sprite Mk2 948cc

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.

Last edited by 222s; Nov 7th, 2008 at 23:47.
222s is offline   Reply With Quote