View Single Post
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 17:05   #19
Laney760
VOC Member

She was booked in on the 16th for the cambelt change with the diesel garage recommended by the RAC. The cam belt is now cancelled and she is booked in for diagnosis, they said it sounds like she is burning water in the cylinders but couldn't rule out water pump as she is burning water under load. If it is the head gasket they will put in a new headgasket and replace the cam belt for £600 plus vat which is pretty good so I will have some idea by the 16th what is wrong and think I can raise the money by the beginning of November. Getting excited about getting this engine up to scratch and then looking forward to having a tune up like Peter Milnes, lol, pushed her in first and second last night which I don't normally do to avoid smoking and was amazed how very fast she is as in 0-60 but now I'll behave and nurse her around until she is up to scratch! Will post this also on my other thread relevant to this, the head gasket or turbo using water thread and then update that when I have diagnosis as to what is wrong with her
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote