Thread: Engine: D5: - Volvo oil spec for D5?
View Single Post
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 02:43   #124
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

That bit on the BMW warranty statment looks like a news post rather than the actual instruction which I belive was a bit more aggesive and to the point about the lack of additives to protect the valve train.

The relavence of the bit from the Royal Purple H&S sheet was a continuation of some thoughts I'd expressd in a previous post.
Quote:
I think that the oil companies should be more upfront about their products and alow more informed discussions. After all evey other product we bring into our homes has very detailed informtion about it's contents on the label. Whether it's skin cream, flloor cleaner, food etc. Why not lubricating oil? If one of the kids drinks it I would like to know what to tell the hospital it contains.
Sorry if you thought it was in response to somthing you'd posted. The Royal P H&S sheet just amused me and I was attempting to be funny, and make the point that we are entitled to have more info from the oil companies about what we are being sold. This secrecy they all display ticks me off I'm afraid. I'm sure the Health Service is quite capable of dealing with any emergency and no critisim of anyone in the Health Service was ment, and appogies to anyone who was affended by my attempts to be humerous.

You might like to check this page out which you may find interesting s60ben. (Turn your speakers off though.)

http://www.synlube.com/synthetic.htm

Roy

Last edited by RoyMacDonald; Mar 3rd, 2008 at 02:45.
RoyMacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote