View Single Post
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 20:40   #1
Darkest Stockton-on-Tees

Default Mirror heater elements

Has anyone tried to remove the heater element from another mirror of the approx same size or a bit smaller & stick it onto their volvo mirror. I ask this as both my mirror elements are shot & I dont fancy paying £80 or whatever it is to volvo for something that has never broken on any other car I've had, I managed to get the glass out of the holder to try to repair the element but it is covered by plastic & stuck onto the back of the glass hence almost impossible, So I got to wondering if I bought a heated mirror of ebay for a recent mondeo etc, heated it up with a hairdryer or similar to make removing the sticky element easier then re-stick it over the back of the volvo mirror, The pad may not be quite as big but that wouldn't really matter. Or are there replacement elements out there, I did a search on Google but only got one's for bathroom mirrors, Mabey I should fit one of those mirrors instead, then I could have a shave on the way to work . By the way it's an S60 but I would have thought it would apply to any model with heated mirrors.
111 is offline   Reply With Quote