View Single Post
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 20:55   #1
volvological

Default Brighter lights, Better sound and More power please

Hi there, great forum by the way, ive found out how to rewire my tailgate and fix my heated sets already!. I own a 93' 240 Torslander estate and like a lot of later 240's, it seems the headlamp reflectors have desilvered themselves. My local dealership quoted me approx £55 per reflector! for replacements which whilst i'm not surprised about, seems a bit steep. Is there any way to respray these/repair them etc or does anybody have any for sale / have any details of a cheaper source.

I am also considereing a speaker replacements in the car, I think that the present system has oem 10cm coax units to the front and 13cm woofer/tweeter components in the rear doors. All these units have seen better days. I am therefore considering replacing them with alpine 'custom' series loudspeakers do give greater clarity, has anybody tried this conversion, has anybody any advice to offer?

Finally, my 240 is fitted with the B200k (catylyst) engine, and whilst this is a briliant engine, it is slightly hindered by the weight of the car, knowing that the engine has some version of Bosch Efi, has anybody 'superchipped' this engine with any useful increase in power?. I understand that a lot depends on the condition of the engine.

Any help on these matters would be greatly appreciated

Steve
volvological is offline   Reply With Quote