View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 18:57   #27
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Hi Matt,

I hope you would get the facts straight before posting as your comments are very misleading, certainly don’t represent the truth on many counts, and probably inadvertently reflects very poorly on SW Autos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat View Post
Just to calrify, its not actually a engine just a block and crank web. They were left at swautos as scrap over 2 1/2 years ago with a load of other bits from when stuart built ashoks engine.
Can you please clarify whom you got this information from, or is it purely your speculation? Firstly, it actually was a complete bottom end, which I believe amounts to a tad bit more than "just a block and crank web". Please correct me if I am wrong, but I understand a complete bottom end is comprised of a block, crankshaft, crank-web, sump, pistons, rods and other associated ancillaries. Secondly the engine was built and mapped just before the Avon Park meet in March 2006, so hardly “over 2 ½ years ago”. Thirdly, the bottom end was found to be pristine and the joint decision with Stuart was to possibly gradually build it up as a spare when time / materials permitted, so I very much doubt you could classify it as “scrap” as you’ve insinuated.

Quote:
the crank had allready been given to ashok a while back and stuart sent out the rods and pistons from the engine to andyp for a nominal fee (loss in stuarts case) of £50 i believe. so i think he's been more than helpful.
Again, whom / where did you get this information from? When left with Stuart, the bottom end was intact, as it probably was up till May of this year when it was stripped for the pistons to be sent to Andy P; if it was taken to pieces in the meanwhile, that was certainly done without my knowledge. So, when and how was the crank given / sent to me? I would appreciate it if you could clarify that, exact dates are unnecessary, just an approximate time will do.

Next, as Andy has already clarified, he only needed, and was sent, the pistons and not rods as you've alleged. Any charges which Stuart levied are between him and Andy as they have obviously agreed on it; its nothing to do with you or me or anyone else for that matter. I have made no profit from “selling” the pistons to Andy. Far from it actually, as Andy will I’m sure confirm, he was desperate for a set of T4 pistons and as it is my nature to try and do my best to help fellow X40 owners who are enthusiastic about their cars, I agreed he could have mine; I NEVER ONCE mentioned any costs or charges to Andy. So once again, please don’t try and implicate me in your theoretical version of events purely to justify your motives, and take my goodness for weakness.

Quote:
I love how people seem to think that swautos is a charity and that they can all get something for free, ie alot of the posters seem to think it acceptable to ask swautos to store parts for free for years, and then as soon as someone wants them back sw's should drop everything, spend their time looking for them and them package them ready for collection - and all this for free.
I myself love how some people can make a mountain out of a mole-hill, when it suits their own ends. Were you there when Stuart and I discussed the plans for the bottom end? If not, how did you reach the conclusion that I merely wanted to leave my engine there for him to just “store”? Again, I’ve been away for some time in the summer and Tim first contacted Stuart in July / August to get the block I believe so I think any sensible person will agree that he has been patient as understandably Stuart may have been busy – 3 to 4 months down the road, you can hardly say that neither Tim nor I have expected anyone to “drop everything”; on the contrary I certainly have done everything I can to accommodate the requests made to Tim. Thankfully, my earlier conversation with Stuart confirmed this; he has agreed that payment for his time was / is not the issue.

Quote:
Im sure if those wanting these parts pay for the storage costs, then pay stuart at his hourly rate for the time he spends looking for them, chatting to the person that comes to collect the item etc (maybe near £100 and hour as he's building RB's at the mo) he would be more than happy to get the bits together himself, if not just to cover the costs he has incurred so far speaking to people on the phone asking to come and pick the bits up, people that have come down in person and asked for the parts!!!!
Next, why have you brought the issue of “storage costs” into it? Are you insinuating that I am liable for "storage costs" because Stuart has / had never once mentioned that to me and if space was getting that tight, I’d imagine he would have brought it to my attention. Furthermore, you have deliberately chosen to ignore the fact that I have been a staunch supporter of Stuart's company from day one. You may be unaware of the fact that Stuart has sold a number of items, including a complete forged engine, to friends / contacts of mine in the Far East. So far from expecting anything “for free”, I established those contacts in the hope that he can further his business; something which I did “for free”. Stuart certainly seemed pleased to do some business with people / companies overseas and consequently, some of the same people helped Stuart source items at a substantial discount (e.g. the GT30 turbos in Alastair's car, Joe's car and even the GT35/40R for Stuart's 850R - I have invoices to prove this). On a matter of principle, its not in my nature to expect a reward for helping a friend.

Finally, just for your information, I’ve spoken to Stuart earlier this afternoon and thankfully, it would appear that none of what you’ve said in your post represents his thoughts on the matter; hence I think you have, unfortunately, done him a great disservice in the eyes of many. I can understand why you would feel the way you do, but at the very least, in future, please try to be factual, and think before you post; that way your comments may have some credibility. What you’ve said isn’t fair by any means and definitely needed to be set straight, which I hope I have. All being well, Stuart will hopefully locate the items in the next few days (he asked for the engine number to cross reference with, and I have obtained that from my dealer and emailed it across) and Tim will be back on the road enjoying his car, which is all that matters.

"An Engine Which Runs Lean Lives on Borrowed Time"

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=13998

Last edited by pyaap; Nov 19th, 2007 at 21:54.