View Single Post
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 20:24   #1
240 TURBOR.

Hiya,

I have had a 244 GLT for the past two years and have totally rebuilt it. On the 16 of august this year I was travelling along a dual carrage way and a elderly women reversed out of her drive at speed and right in front of me. I coulden't swerve because a big truck was in the other lane. The nearside wing and inner wing and bonnet were bent back, nearside lights and te bumper were smashed. The insurance company said its an economical writeoff. I took it to my mechanic, he said it will cost about 1,750 and thats without spraying. I simply don't have the money, to say im gutted is an understatement. I have spent over 3,500 pounds on the car it was looking and driving ltke brand new. Parts replaced (all brand new) include:

-suspension all round,
-steering rack,
-brakes,
-bushes,
-and many more.

Nothing in the engine bay was damaged or any of the body panels apart from the ones mentioned. Black leather intertior.

I had the five speed (M47) gearbox rebuilt at a cost of well over 800 all parts were replaced using genuine volvo parts. Each one of the bearings cost 50 plus. The bushes in the linkage were all replaced including the clutch. I would only sell this if I got a good offer due to the cost. All receipts were kept. Everything on the car is mint including alloys, apart from a slight tear on the drivers seat.

The engine is supurb, at my local volvo dealership I was told by one of the old mechanics that it is the best glt he has driven, it pulls like a train. I was also told that this is due to the engine never being hammered.

If you need a part to keep your pride and joy going let me know.
All offers considered.

All the best,

Steve.