Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2024, 22:51   #6458
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupytwister View Post
It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it I guess. Lovely back story being the current owner has had it 50 years!!

I can see someone not doing a huge amount of research and assuming that's just the value of these things, especially if they're taken by it upon viewing.

Any excellent condition & fully running example of a classic car is surely worth £5k minimum these days, whatever the car is?
Well, not really. We still see sensibly priced historic cars for £2,000 to £3,000 (such as the blue 244 and the 144 we have talked about in the past few days); on the whole these sell fairly well. We also see a large number of very overpriced motor cars, on the whole these seem to remain for sale for many months or even years.

It is possible that someone might be willing to pay 12 grand for a VWW that belonged to the same person for 50 years, but if that buyer decides to sell again the same provinence cannot be claimed. I can’t help thinking the market for a motor car like this one would be minuscule at the £12,000 price point, but there again it would only take one person with a pension pot burning a hole in his/her pocket… .

Perhaps someone will keep an eye on this sale and let us all know what happens?

Alan