View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2024, 16:20   #4
redbrock

Default Pv544 boot gas struts

Hi
Yes I have fitted gas struts to my PV 544, the job was remarkably very simple to carry out once you ascertain the length of strut required.
You will need 2 x part No GSV8-200 Adjustable force gas struts & 4 x metal ball stud extensions there part number is T4 but you will need to phone the supplier and advise them you need there longer thread option. Standard thread options have a thread length of 13mm they can be used at a push but they are a bit short in as much that you cannot get a full nut on them. I spoke with SGS Engineering (the supplier) and they supplied Ball stud extensions that had a longer thread length of about 20mm that would take a full lock nut.
the supplier as mentioned was SGS engineering they have an online presence and helpline, Tom Radford was my contact.
I can send you a picture of the struts as fitted a PV544 please let me know if you want this as I was unable to download a picture I have onto this reply.
I actually made the brackets for mine but suitable ones are listed on eBay.
Don forget to remove the existing boot opening Pawl (again easy to do)
one final thing you will need to lock the boot as I forgot to do this once and it opened the boot when driving on poor road surface.
I hope this helps
Joe
redbrock is offline   Reply With Quote