Thread: S80: Electrical - 2009 Volvo S80 DTC U0231 and B1131
View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2024, 21:07   #3
Goc5

Smile

Ok, just in case anyone else ever comes across this with a similar issue I'd like to post my resolution to it.

I removed the alarm module.

That solved all my issues, wipers work, rain sensor works, no error codes, no warning message about my alarm not being connected any longer, nothing.

From opening the alarm it seems that the battery was going bad and must have effected the alarm's PCB as I found a short in it, which then caused it to send some messed up signals to the CEM and confused it in regards to what's happening with the rain sensor and the wiper motor. That's all I can assume from what I'm seeing, but outside of that I have absolutely no idea why it would cause so many problems.

So, if anyone else ever suffers from these error codes or has these issues then my recommendation is to check the alarm module first and see how you get on from there.

On my model Volvo S80 2009 the alarm module was on the passenger side inside the engine compartment, underneath the wiper cover, right beside where the CEM is located. So, you have to remove the wipers, then remove the cover, then locate the CEM, then on the right of that (depending on which hand drive your car is) you'll see a black box secured with two 10mm nuts.

I disconnected my battery, removed the alarm, plugged it out, reconnected battery, started car, all problems solved.

Hope this can help someone else in the future
Goc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goc5 For This Useful Post: