View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2024, 16:51   #25
Haizum74
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouty View Post
It's not a full android experience, in fact I'm not even 100% sure it's running on android at all, could be some custom linux thing. In any case, it's quite locked down, no file explorer, and certainly no play store, I wouldn't even know how to sideload or get root access. If you have any insight on this I'd be interested to hear.

I mean, you could, but you'd end up covering CD slot, your vents, and/or the inbuilt screen. and it would sit very proud of everything else on the dash

Also printing the shroud is difficult, clips are hard

This was my previous solution, it was not ideal

If it's running google maps and other googley things then i would expect it to be android OS with an overlay which itself is based off linux.

I guess to see is to find out if you can activate devleoper options in the menu settings. Usually it's activated with the following steps if you can try.

1 Go to "Settings"
2 Tap "About device" or "About phone"
3 Tap “Software information”
4 Tap “Build number” seven times. ...

Root access will be difficult but if you can get to dev options then it's easier to sideload.

As for your previous solution, that's the idea I had except making the holder so it only covers the CD slot (is it really needed now a days).

'08 V50 2.0D

Last edited by Haizum74; May 10th, 2024 at 16:53.
Haizum74 is offline   Reply With Quote