View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2024, 05:56   #7
Waqar92

Reading up about the headlight system malfunction, wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. The issue I have is with the headlight in the same side as where my mate suspected an issue with the cv joint (NSF).

I’ve just read that the car can fail based on the headlight levelling not working ands if the dashboard is throwing up the code.

If CV joint or other suspension component is bad on this side of the car, has that somehow caused damage to the wiring to headlights. If so how on earth do I diagnose it as mechanic put on ramp and can’t find issue with suspension?

The garage I purchased the car from has obviously passed this, and clearly they should not have. How am I dealing with this without having to fork out few hundred or more for motor and/or diagnosis? I’ve got a year until MOT before it will likely fail. I’ve read that the headlight drops to lowest setting so it won’t dassle which is my main concern. I have heard that you can also manually adjust from the actual headlight, which is fine but MOT will still pick up the issue with having levelling function which is not in operation, and will fail it?

I took the car to Volvo who quote £180 inc VAT for diagnosis and £180 inc VAT per hour labour. Garage said he would pay for it, but rightfully was advised by Volvo service that I need this in writing to prevent dispute (spoke to a family member who said push comes to shove, have evidence to present at small claims that he offered to pay and also that he’s passed the car MOT with this issue which he shouldn’t have).

P.s I’ve come across workaround for e.g. Ford Focus: adaptivefix.com

Last edited by Waqar92; May 5th, 2024 at 06:21.
Waqar92 is offline   Reply With Quote