View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2024, 14:47   #214
4x4
Premier Member

On October I posted that I had cured my ABS-0136 Brake Pressure Sensor fault and it's been working fine until last week. The code came back and this time it was reluctant to reset, I eventually managed to clear it but on Tuesday it appeared again and wouldn't turn off so I managed to find someone local who is breaking a car and bought two sensors from him after speaking to Volvo Parts and getting quoted £300 + VAT for each sensor.

My live data showed sensor 1 was 4.56, sensor 2 was -0.91 and my scanner told me sensor 1 was at fault. I unplugged sensor 1 and connected it to the replacement sensor and went back to live data which showed both sensors were reading similar to each other and within the parameters allowed so I decided to swap sensor 1 over today.

Before starting I primed the sensor with a few drops of fresh brake fluid, I removed the cross brace, I placed a piece of Cling Film on the reservoir and used an elastic band to hold it tightly in place, a 27mm long socket removed the sensor and the replacement was screwed in and torqued to 25NM. Wire harness attached and live data checked and everything is once again working as it should.

Live data reading for good sensors

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brake Pressure Sensors.jpg (104.2 KB, 67 views)
Volvo 850 GLT website
4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote