View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2024, 22:53   #13
bremner27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
So firstly glad it was not more serious.

Regarding the car switching from elec to ICE when the battery is depleted, it would be normal to hear the engine and if you are at a low speed I think it will be reasonably obvious the engine has started. As for the vibrations it is difficult to ascertain as this is subjective, but a completely depleted battery will mean the engine starts and runs at higher revs to charge the battery so this will be noticeable.

Regarding creep, are you using auto hand brake? This is the a button next to the handbrake. Switch that on and you should be good.

Finally disks and pads are not too difficult if you are reasonably handy. I buy genuine Volvo stuff at a discount from TMS in Coventry and fit myself. You might also find the disks are all OK. Dealers tend to recommend disks just because there is a bit of a lip and they haven't even measured the thickness. If you buy a vernier caliper or micrometer you can measure disk thickness and maybe only need the pads.
Thanks mate, must be me over thinking it with the charging. I’ll try the auto handbrake and see if that makes a difference.

I have done discs and pads in the past on my V50 but the electric handbrake and the air suspension put me off a bit.
They pulled the discs as they are apparently heavily corroded and they said there’s a bit of life in the pads yet but while you are there it would make sense.
bremner27 is offline   Reply With Quote