Originally Posted by Steve 940 View Post
https://www.autoweek.com/car-life/cl...brake-auction/

Would certainly wake up the Labrador in the boot 😀😀

Cheers
Steve
Don't forget the Rottweilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSv40 View Post
I'm sure it is a gorgeous car, but aesthetically it just doesn't 'do it for me'.

Looking at the original front quarter shot, I couldn't put my finger on why it doesn't look right. On opening the listing and seeing the rear quarter shot it became immediately clear - it looks broken backed. The two rear side windows and shape of the tailgate just add to the awkward look.

Given the pedigree and historical importance, I can see it appealing to a lot of folks.
I get what you're saying about the "broken backed" look. The SD1 estate looked like that, possibly because they grafted a 245 back end onto an SD1 Rover!

The P6 Estoura though lent itself to a more "factory" look and looked like an original design.

There was also an Austin 3-Litre estate and a Ford Zephyr/Zodiac estate that both also looked factory.

Also the Lynx Eventer (Jag XJ-S) had the "broken-backed" look but seemed to have been smoothed out to near factory appearance too.

I suspect when cars like these are created, if they can't easily make it look factory they go for the "obvious modification" appearance to make it more unique.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: