View Single Post
Old Apr 29th, 2024, 14:58   #1
Chris1Roll

Default New, Genuine Volvo distributor cap.

Starting to get parts together for the 740's next service in June, I was going to replace the distributor cap (etc) as when I took it off it is quite spark eroded inside.

So I bought a genuine volvo one from a trusted seller I have used before (not naming, its not their fault and I know they'll refund)

It comes with a casting fault/crack behind the terminal for number 4:

That'll work for a while before filling up with carbon and starting tracking I reckon.

Ok, so manufacturing faults happen sometimes, but on close inspection, its just generally rougher than the one currently on the car (aside from having nice shiny non-eroded terminals), e.g. the smooth inside surface is all rough in several places:

I've already seen on here what Volvo are providing for water pumps and exhausts, and recently saw someone in the states who bought a set of 244 rear lights from a volvo dealers and they recieved the aftermarket ones in a volvo box with a volvo price tag!

I do wonder if now we're just getting the aftermarket bosch repackaged for these too, in which case I'll just get a Bosch one for less than half the price. Hell I could get two and keep on in my get-me-home box and still be better off.

Anyone else bought one recently and found similar?
Chris1Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris1Roll For This Useful Post: