View Single Post
Old Apr 26th, 2024, 14:19   #15
vonRypp

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
It's an 'interesting' approach from Volvo; choose not to implement a feature unless or until there is 'sufficient demand'. To be a little bit fair to Volvo Balance/Fader controls aren't something used by everyone or probably even most people but I understand that it will be important to some.

The issue with influencing Volvo on this will be generating 'sufficient demand'. Many/most drivers simply won't care enough to do anything about it.

I used to think that the features lacking from AAOS cars was due to Volvo finding development for AAOS more difficult than expected. However three years in there has been ample time to resolve any 'it's difficult' issues.

I am beginning to think that it's apathy, with an eye on costs also an element.
Exactly. Don’t expect any improvements anymore for the legacy AAOS. Volvo is focusing on the EX series OS which is a completely different platform. I am sure that the only reason they implemented the somewhat newer Android 12 because the older version 11 is not compliant with the current automotive cybersecurity standards nothing else. The SPA platform is 10 year old now. During normal times it would have been called legacy for years, but due to the recent crisis they had to keep them ‘alive’ until the full EX/EV(?)/E line-up arrives.

I feel betrayed bacuse when I purchased my V90CC I tought Volvo at least re-implement the old Sensus features, but it’s been almost 2 years now and their biggest achievment was to enable the steering wheel switch for ACC and lane keep assist…

Last edited by vonRypp; Apr 26th, 2024 at 14:24.
vonRypp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vonRypp For This Useful Post: