Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old Apr 26th, 2024, 10:25   #6332
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 940 View Post
Hi Alan,

Afraid not Alan, as you may recall I was in the middle of chimney pot repairs in January, with further planned house maintenance to follow.

As life tends to, we’ve had a bit of a curve ball, my mother fell and broke her hip in January and passed away a few weeks ago, so the last 3-4 months I have not done hardly anything apart from sorting out the chimney, and the chimney scaffold finally came down last week.

Just about making headway on paperwork/house clearance and probate application, but of course everything has changed and ‘improved’, or rather not. I done my dad’s probate in 2012, and received grant of probate just over 3 weeks from death. The current guidelines are 16 weeks minimum to months/years….. how is that progress

Don’t get me started on Land Registry, I was fortunate to repay out mortgage last year, and as we bought it before registration came in, I need to do a first registration, Land Registry guideline timescale is 17 months……. Unbelievable

Anyway, with everything that’s happened, I’ve pulled most of my advertising, and decided to devote virtually full time this year to the house maintenance. That should take me to June, then fully onto the workshop.👍

Cheers
Steve
I’m sorry to hear about your mother passing away Steve.

I’m afraid the delays you are talking about are just symptomatic of the civil service generally, whom seem to take any old excuse to delay progress or get things wrong, but never take responsibility. Just this week I discovered the local council has failed to adopt the road on which I bought a house from the developers 16 years ago. I also found out that the executive director in charge of the highways department that has taken 16 years to not adopt the road is being paid only £144,025 PA - ho hum.

I’m also sorry to hear about the delays in getting your garage built, I know that was a real look forward for you.

Alan

Last edited by Othen; Apr 26th, 2024 at 10:37.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: