View Single Post
Old Apr 25th, 2024, 07:13   #26
Luxobarge
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffler View Post
Interesting, Luxo, is this applicable to just Motronic 4.3 / 4.4 or also the later ME7 P80 through to 2005?

It's just that on my old '98 V40 T4 I was of the belief that the DTCS was controlled by cutting the fuel supply so assumed the X40 system stemmed from the P80 platform.
On these cars I don't think that the TRACS is connected or related to any particular engine management system, it's just a basic system within the ABS control module - and therefore not particularly effective in my view. Certainly when I've had a spinning wheel under acceleration it's just applied braking to the spinning wheel and never cut power. Also a system that does cut power should do it more progressively than you are experiencing, and this is only really possible with electronic throttle, which both my car and all the 850s doesn't have. Although the later V70 cars do, they still share the same old style of ABS controller so I very much doubt that the TRACS is any more sophisticated.

I do stand to be corrected on all of the above though, others on here might now a more definitive answer.

Cheers