View Single Post
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 18:19   #4
Chris1Roll

You don't have any sensors to check! None that would be causing a 1500rpm high idle anyway.

You have a cam position sensor on the distributor, and a knock sensor bolted between cylinders 2+3 on the intake side of the engine. These control the ignition timing

All the fuel injection is mechanical, with some bimetallic strips controlling cold start and warm-up.

Is it idling high all the time - i.e. both cold and hot?
In which case the basic fix is to wind this black knurled knob in to decrease the amount of air bypassing the throttle plate and thus reduce the idle. aim for just under 1k (spec is 900, but I always found they idle smoother a tiny bit higher)

That's assuming someone hasn't wound the throttle cable so tight it holds the throttle constantly open or something else silly.

You can safely ignore most of what any americans (and thus the FAQ) tell you about your particular engine - they did not have K-jet engined 740's.
I've seen them on facebook confidently telling someone in the UK with a Kjet engine to change their MAF , and not to bother with the cambelt as they are non interference
Chris1Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris1Roll For This Useful Post: