Thread: V70: Gearbox - Geartronic Issues
View Single Post
Old Apr 22nd, 2024, 18:26   #1
Enfield

Default Geartronic Issues

Hi,

I have a 2013 V70 D5 with 80k miles. I have a problem that I've not experienced before.

I knocked the selector into sport and planted the throttle, the car kicked down to second gear I believe and then changed up through every gear in about two seconds. I was approaching a motorway slip road when it did this (in 6th going about 40 Mph), obviously not what I wanted it to do. I knocked it back into Drive and it couldn't quite decide what it wanted to do. Fortunately the car is quite pokey so managed to get up to speed before merging.

I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem before.

It had several gearbox flushes months ago and also the latest TCM update.

Its can sometimes be quite clunky particularly when accelerating off a roundabout on applying the throttle initially. In Sport its worse going through the gears. I've had all the torque mounts changed.

The car also sounds a bit unrefined going down hill off throttle, I'm not sure if that's normal or if the front wheel bearings are needing changing and maybe the abs ring thing are also worn. I've read that they can affect the gearbox whether that's true or not I don't know.

A common problem it has is that it will lunge forward like when you accidentally stall. It will do this sitting at the lights for example, handbrake on, and letting go of the brake. I've learnt to slowly come off the brake because of this problem but sometimes it still lunges anyway.