View Single Post
Old Apr 20th, 2024, 09:50   #5
Offgrid
Offgrid camper

Classic Swede is in agreement with the information that I discovered when I replaced the relay on the B230E, but it doesn't seem to agree with the information I have discovered recently. I've also tried to discover what will happen if I use a white relay on a 1990 B200E - that is the one Ebay seems to think I should be using.
I'm also concerned by the small amount of heat I detect on the relay, and I wonder if that is the result of a faulty sensor. causing the relay to oscillate or something. That would explain the failure in heavy traffic.
I'm also considering the implications of the secondary shut off relay. When I switch on the ignition, I can hear the fuel pump for a second or so, and then it turns off. If I turn off the ignition and turn it on again, then the pump will run again for another second or so. This would seem to be a good way of priming the fuel line rather than possibly draining the battery by cranking the engine.
I think I'm going to cut the top off one of the broken relays, and see if I can repair it. I could then keep the repaired unit for emergencies.
Save Old Cars
Offgrid is offline   Reply With Quote