View Single Post
Old Apr 18th, 2024, 14:06   #1
vanno

Default 1997 V70 Rear Pillar Tweeters

Without spending a fortune, I wanted to improve the audio quality of the stock SC-805 unit that is currently fitted to my vehicle. Guessing that replacing the door speakers would be a good place to start, I removed the door panels and, after some careful redesigning, mounted the new speakers onto the existing frames. The improvement has been impressive. I also took the opportunity to treat the inside of the door panels with a suitable treatment. Next I listened to the rear tweeters and basically I could only hear mush, so lifting the panel to inspect speaker I noticed a resistor across the terminal. I assume this is factory so any expert out there know what this is for? The impedance of the speaker is 8 ohm where most replacements are 4 ohm. I don’t drive my unit hard so I do want to hear something from the speaker. I have checked through the listings and can’t find anything that relates to this but I may have missed it so apologies. Any help or advice on tweeter replacement would be greatly appreciated, front and rear. Cheers.