View Single Post
Old Apr 16th, 2024, 07:41   #26
Yelper85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelper85 View Post
Hi @Jinkster,

Sorry for the late reply, been on holiday.

So your car is paired with the My Volvo app but when you look at Connected cars in your profile settings (The 'person' symbol on the right hand tab then 'Connected cars' in the My Volvo app) it shows nothing?

See from what's been said, connecting in the app should definitely show, it's if you try and connect via the built-in/car app method using the email confirmation that is no longer supported.

If you can't see the car as connected in the My Volvo app, my next question would be, are all older models of Volvo supported in the app? I've not yet tried connecting my MY16 V60 (the older Sensus with the 'world/globe' button and not touchscreen) with the VIN, but this is my next step.

Did it warn or generate any information about limited functionality when you connected to the app? Also does your car have On Call/keyless entry as mine doesn't and I wonder if the app will complain when I try to connect given there's nothing is can display other than the car is tied to my account.
Update:

I added my V60 to the My Volvo app using the VIN. It states all cars from 2001 onwards are supported as per the attached image.

I can see both cars as connected in the app, but again it doesn't show this online and nor has the car updated it's status, but that might be because it's all tied in the app now (if that's correct). I would have still thought any connected car would show online with the ability to remove/edit it from there given My Volvo online and the app are tied to the same Volvo ID account. Again, needs verifying.

Functionality wise, there's nothing I can do on mine as I don't have On Call, but I'm assuming if you do have On Call you'd have similar functionality to that as our XC60 depending on what's installed, but of course that's a guess as earlier models may have severe restrictions but you'd hope it would allow for remote locking/unlocking as a minimum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (33.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (28.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (41.3 KB, 7 views)

20 plate XC60 Inscription Pro T8 PHEV + Polestar
Yelper85 is offline   Reply With Quote