View Single Post
Old Apr 15th, 2024, 15:25   #18
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japster View Post
Yes it was a bit of a perfect storm the day it blew, I'd been sat in traffic for an hour on the M5 or crawling along with the caravan on the back.

As soon as I got off the M5 I floored it up the hill and came up behind someone doing 30 mph, got stuck behind them as no-one would let me out, then when I finally got from behind them I got the warning on the dash saying change down as the temp was going up, did that and the header tank exploded. I had to continue on until I could find somewhere to pull in, by which time it was game over.

The V60 D6 is a Diesel hybrid, early ones are called Plug-In Hybrid later ones are called Twin-Engine. Mine's a 2017 model year so called V60 D6 Twin Engine.
(D5 2.4 Diesel engine up front and electric motor on rear axle)
Mine has 230hp/470Nm up front due to the Polestar upgrade and 70hp/200Nm on the back from the motor.

They are quirky beasts but I'm finding it quite good, as I can drive to work on battery, charge it at work. Then when towing use the diesel engine and the 4wd , with extra powerboost at the touch of a button to engage both.
was that due to the pressure cap relief valve stuck or the bottle damaged ? I would have thought a hose would burst before the bottle.