Thread: Remapping
View Single Post
Old Apr 13th, 2024, 07:42   #4
GMcL
0's and 1's

Any regrets ? No. It gives the car a bit of pep it was missing.

From what I've read on here, brake wear and tear is no worse, my car at 13 years and 100,000 miles is still on the original clutch and exhaust. Original factory front discs were only changed at the last service a few months ago. The intercooler return pipe went about 18 months after the remap others have reported on here theirs going too at similar ages/mileage without a remap, similar for the boost control valve. That has been the sum of parts* for my car over eleven years ownership - I bought the car at two years from new.

I wouldn't expect any major wear and tear, you are only doing a Stage 1 remap which is supposed to stay within the working parameters of original equipment. It's more an optimization than going looking for serious performance enhancements. Daily Mail/Express readers like to tell you the sky is falling in at every opportunity.

* Brake pads and discs are service consumables, I only mentioned the front discs above as I was genuinely surprised the originals lasted so long. They were done but didn't owe me anything.

Previous: 2005 Volvo S60 D5 Sport - 2017 Focus RS
GMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GMcL For This Useful Post: