Thread: Engine: 2.3 F/Inj B23E/B230F: - ECU or not ECU!
View Single Post
Old Apr 12th, 2024, 21:03   #1
VolvoRog

Default ECU or not ECU!

Hello All

Sorry to start my first post with a call for help or advice, but after 30 years and 270000 odd miles, my 240 Estate has decided to break down and I suspect it’s the ECU unit.

It was running OK until just before Christmas when one morning it started OK, ran for a minute or two, spluttered and has since refused to start!

It’s had a new main fuel pump, new fuel pressure regulator etc. and had a local Auto Technician go over it announcing that it was fine - it just won’t start. He thinks it’s off fuel, but back at Christmas it wasn’t off!

The ECU in question is a Bosch 0 280 000 951. I’ve read various posts on the forum about repairing your own ECUs but I’d rather just buy a replacement as after that mileage it’s not done bad!
I read a post mentioning a Rod Westbury, but the link doesn’t seem to work, and I’ve read many posts by Classicswede and visited his webshop, but really I’d just like the ECU repaired/rebuilt rather than updating the whole system.

If anyone could recommend a good rebuilder of ECUs that would be great, or does anyone have a rebuilt one for sale?

Sorry to start on an ask!

Many thanks. Roger
VolvoRog is offline   Reply With Quote