View Single Post
Old Apr 10th, 2024, 00:36   #1
BobModulin

Default Pressurised coolant tank? Low coolant warning...D3 V60😐

Hi folks, just signed up after buying a 2013 V60 D3 that appears to have an issue with a low coolant warning and a pressurised reservoir even when the engine is cold. Magic how it took a couple of weeks to rear it's ugly head! Paperwork shows it was a known issue that was cleared by resetting the engine code and topping up the coolant a couple of months previous. I wonder if a bottle of coolant repair sealant stuff was accidentally on purpose applied before sale...
My initial concern was with the engine overheating so I bought a Bluetooth obd dongle and use it with Carscanner to give live telemetry however both coolant and engine oil temps show approx 88 and 95 celsius respectively once up to temperature. Can I ignore the low coolant level so long as these sensors report these kind of temps and I keep topping up coolant from time to time or might the sensors give a false sense of security? I really can't be doing with a head gasket repair at the moment 🙈 I was hoping that in the 136hp state of tune the engine might be quite understressed and maybe have a bit of headroom for my strategy 🤣 Any thoughts? And is head gasket the likely culprit or might it be a turbo hose or something? Where else can the coolant get pressurised from? 🤔
Many thanks in advance 🙏
BobModulin is offline   Reply With Quote